A manufacturing order is used to produce products from your materials and other manufactured products like subassemblies and outsourced products.
All manufacturing orders can be found under the manufacturing menu options "View Manufacture Orders".
Why use Manufacturing Orders?
- Enables you to shift the value from a set of individual components to a finished product using a Bill of Materials / Product Recipe
- Helps you manage your production operations (e.g., cutting, assembly, painting, etc.)
- It allows you to check the materials and ingredients needed for your productions. Creating your production orders will tell you an estimate of the materials required to complete the process.
- It allows you to set production deadlines, which will enable you to see when an order can be completed and will also help plan for future productions.
There are two types of manufacturing workflows in Brahmin Solutions.
- Make to Order (MTO), which is a manufacturing order that is derived and linked from a sales order.
- Make to Stock (MTS), which is a manufacturing order that is not linked to a sales order and is made to stock inventory for future sales.
Make to Order (MTO)
A Manufacturing Order that is producing products for a specific Sales Order. An MTO is permanently linked to a sales order.
MTO Manufacturing orders can be made by going to a specific sales order and then clicking Action -> Create Manufacture Order.
This will show a popup that will give you two options: (1) All Products - This will allow you to create manufacturing orders for all the qty on the sales order. (2) Short Products Only - This will allow you to create manufacturing orders for all the products you do not have in stock.
Learn in-depth on how a typical Make to Order flow works in Brahmin Solutions.
Make to Stock (MTS)
A Manufacturing Order that is producing products to stock into inventory for future sales. Make To Stock Orders are not linked to any sales orders.
Make to Stock (MTS) orders can be created in 2 ways:
- Under the manufacturing menu click "New Manufacture Order".
- Use the "Make to Stock" report under the manufacturing menu.
Read more on how to create manufacturing orders.
Read more on how to Make to Stock report works.
There are two types of manufacturing types in Brahmin Solutions.
- Manufacture, which is a manufacturing order that is either created from the Make to Order or Make to Stock workflow and is the main/parent manufacturing order.
- Subassembly is a manufacturing order that is created from another manufacturing order.
Manufacturing order type used in Make to Order or Make to Stock workflow.
Manufacturing orders of type "Manufacture" can be created in all the ways described by Make to Order (MTO) and Make to Stock (MTS) workflow.
Manufacturing order type that is created by another manufacturing order. A subassembly is permanently linked to a manufacturing order.
Subassembly orders can only be created by going to a specific manufacturing order and then clicking Action -> Create Sub Assembly.